Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blink your eyes and life changes

I haven't posted on here in more than a year and yes life has changed a lot for me. The changes have come fast and furious:a new job, new home, new city, but the biggest change has been a new man in my life.
That has really surprised me, 2010 was going to be for me, to focus on getting into a masters program and just keep moving forward with my life. Then along comes one Mr. Mark A. Shaffer. I was reluctant at first to start a relationship using the classic line "lets be friends" and he was tenacious with "No, I want to date you". So here we were two strong willed individuals one fiercely independent(me) and one fiercely determined to win me. Well he won,it was the best compettition I have ever been in in my life. I am now engaged to a good man, that supports me and encourages me, and reminds me that I can take on challenges and one day I will rule the world. LoL!
I love this man and I truly believe that God placed us in each others paths for a very specific reason. We bring out the best in each other, we support each other, we listen to each other, and we trust each other. The best and brightest part of our courtship will be our wedding. Our future is brilliantly,blindingly, hopeful and bright. There are many good things to come as well as low times (it is life after all) but the best part of our future is that I know that Mark and I will stand together as friends and as partners.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH hilda i am still so excited about it all! I have already got my plans made for getting to your wedding! Love you so much... and i am sure i will just love Mark too! but until i can meet him i need a picture!

    ReplyDelete